Epson has unveiled a new compact hybrid desktop printer, the SureColor F1060 for DTG and DTF applications.
Purpose-built for custom and low-to-medium volume direct to garment (DTG) and direct to film (DTF) imaging, the SureColor F1060 targets event operators, clothing retailers, print-for-pay providers, and artisans.
The company says the new printer combines easy operation and flexible performance in one space saving package. Epson adds that the SC-F1060 delivers professional image quality in a cost-effective package, offering a solution for designers, creatives, and merchandise manufacturers.
Gordon Kerr, business marketing manager for professional print solutions at Epson Australia, says, “DTG has traditionally been the home of professional producers and high volume back-office manufacturers and solutions have been large, complex, and expensive. Epson has taken the best of its DTG technology and distilled it into a compact, cost-effective, and flexible solution. It easy to use and easy to maintain. In addition, it is ideal for the modern retail environment where product needs to be fresh, timely and individualised.”
Beyond traditional t-shirt printing
The unit features an enclosed design with interior lighting and a clear viewing window to enhance the printing process. Epson says that the integrated DTG and DTF support allows operators to go beyond traditional natural fibre t-shirt printing. Imaging onto film enables transfer onto a wide variety of materials. These include synthetic fabric and specifically shaped items, further expanding the ability to create customised product offerings.
Epson says its PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead with Nozzle Verification Technology and next generation UltraChrome DG2 ink with CMYK+White, help the SureColor F1060 deliver vibrant colour with incredible detail and consistent output.
The inclusion of white ink prints enables output on dark garments along with enhanced presentation on light garments. The company adds that the combination of the Epson ink, Epson head and Epson imaging technology enables outstanding clarity with near photographic print quality. The cartridge-free ink-pack system simplifies operation while enhancing productivity, reducing waste and mess.
The SC-F1060 also features a large touch screen interface, fully automatic garment height adjustment and a self-cleaning print head for easy production with minimal maintenance. It ships complete with software and supports fabric up to one-inch thick.
Kerr concludes, “The SureColor F1060 offers new opportunities for entrepreneurs and businesses, giving them the ability deliver quality product in the right format, at the time and place where the customer is in an optimal buying mood.”
Epson lists the SureColor F1060 features:
- Elegant, compact design – Inspired by award-winning designers, the unit is designed to sit ‘front-office’.
- Intuitive touchscreen menu – Features large icons and animated instructions for user-friendly navigation.
- Low maintenance – Automated fabric head wiper, 250ml ink pack supply system and simple replaceable maintenance tank.
- Flexible operation – USB, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Epson Garment Creator 2 software – Compatible with Windows and macOS, this intuitive software features fast processing and high-resolution processing for exceptionally detailed and vibrant prints.
- Epson Cloud Solution PORT– Provides live production monitoring, reporting and job cost accounting (requires Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection).
- Reliable and Durable Design – Supplied with a comprehensive on-site 1-year warranty, optional comprehensive CoverPlus extension up to five years subject to PORT activation.
Epson expects to begin shipping the SureColor in June/July 2024. It will confirm full specifications and pricing in May.