EFI has announced the availability of the next generation of its ubiquitous Fiery production printing platform.
John Henze, vice president of marketing at EFI, says, “With the trend toward shorter runs and faster turnaround times, digital print shops need systems that make every minute and every step count. Shops can double the processing speed on more types of jobs with Fiery Hyper Rip enhancements on the Fiery NX Premium print server.”
“Higher Fiery processing speed enables 10 times the throughput than before on Fiery XB print servers, driving print engines all the way to 2400 ppm and beyond.”
Digital front ends based on the EFI Fiery FS300 Pro platform drive presses across sheetfed, high-speed continuous feed, B1 folding carton, and corrugated digital production systems. The company says these new products offer new features in the key areas that print customers care about: colour, performance, usability, and integration.
The Fiery FS300 Pro platform comes with the new, free Version 6 of Fiery Command Work Station, which EFI estimates has more than a quarter of a million print professionals using it, adding that, in less than two months, more than 41,000 have already upgraded to the new version to run their print shops more productively.
EFI lists the Version 6 productivity enhancements:
- The ability to manage a variety of printers across the production operation by connecting to Fiery Driven cut sheet, high-speed inkjet presses, and, in 2018, wide, and super wide, format printers.
- Previews for all jobs and new search tools that provide faster ways to interact with jobs. Job views can also be customised to specific needs, such as by media, to help prioritise print production.
- The ability to reprint a job faster and more consistently by using saved rasters on already printed jobs.
- Home, a new view in Command WorkStation 6 that provides at a glance status of all connected Fiery servers and a snapshot of key print production statistics.
- New versions of Fiery Impose, Compose and JobMaster fully integrated and accessed directly through Command WorkStation, which enables users to produce high-value print products more profitably, in less time and with fewer clicks. Imposition layout is simplified and users can more easily create gang-up layout templates to automate job imposition which can turn a 10-minute job preparation into 10 seconds.
The company says the Fiery FS300 Pro platform features easy prioritisation of spot colour edits on a job basis to satisfy customer’s specific color preferences. Fiery ImageViewer enhancements include Object Inspector and Total Area Coverage features that help identify imaging problems related to particular object types. Operators can diagnose and troubleshoot colour problems without going back to the source files, savings hours in turnaround time to get jobs out.
EFI says the new Fiery workstations feature a compact, ergonomic design that has the comfort of the operator in mind and requires 20 per cent less floor space than previous generations. The height of the NX Station LS work surface adjusts by 15cm for user comfort.
The LS workstation’s proximity sensor automatically displays Command WorkStation when the operator is near. In addition to the LS workstation’s adjustable 27-inch monitor, Fiery NX servers include a seven-inch touchscreen display, with Fiery QuickTouch software that provides fast views of job status information and access to server management.
Henze adds, “These enhancements just scratch the surface of what users will see with the new Fiery FS300 Pro platform and Command WorkStation 6. The first implementations by our partners will be at Print 17, September 10-14 at McCormick Place in Chicago. Visitors to EFI’s booth 2302 at the show will get an in-depth view of how Fiery FS300 Pro and Command WorkStation 6 can fuel business growth through increased productivity, profitability and print quality.”