Epson has announced its first A4 UV desktop printer, the SureColor V1060.
The new printer enables on demand customisation of merchandise and promotional items and transform them into products. Epson says this makes them an excellent solution for retail and event environments.
The SC-V1060 prints directly onto a range of materials, including acrylic, metals, wood, canvas and more with superior image quality, colour accuracy and finely detailed text.
In terms of media handling the SC-V1060 supports substrates up to 297mm x 210mm (A4), and up to 70mm in thickness for printing on thicker materials. It uses UV curable UltraChrome UV ink with CMYK+White+Varnish for rigid and flexible materials with Epson Precision Dot and Variable Sized Dot Technology (VSDT. You can apply additional White ink and Varnish as a layer or spot colour.
Its compact (W699 x D699 x H426mm) design enables the new printer to fit neatly into retail environments. The new printer offers additional space savings with a built-in air filtration system. It requires no space at the rear so you can place it against a wall.
Epson says the SureColor V1060 opens a world of possibilities for businesses to explore diverse offerings to their customers. These range from promotional items and personalised gifts to industrial prototypes.
Shuhei Sato product manager of Professional Print Solutions Division at Epson Australia, says, “The SureColor V1060 is an innovative printer and a significant change in the world of UV printing. We are excited to see this affordable solution opening new creative horizons for retailers, designers, and small businesses.”
It also features a 10cm touchscreen, user-friendly interface, and fully automated cleaning system. The use of 140ml replaceable ink pack system simplifies operation while enhancing productivity, reducing waste and mess.
Epson lists the SureColor V1060 key features:
• Compact and innovative design – The unit can fit most retail environments.
• Complete front operation – Provides the flexibility for any workflow in limited space.
• Built-in air filtration system – No additional space and cost required.
• Precise line and text quality – Superior image quality with incredible detail for small application.
• Low maintenance – Fully automated cleaning system with fabric head wiper and no waste ink tank.
• Easy operation – Intuitive touchscreen with animated instructions and 140ml replaceable ink-pack system.
• Epson Edge Print Pro software – Epson genuine RIP which provides a set of image editing tools via an interface that is easy to use.
• Epson Cloud Solution PORT– Provides live production monitoring, reporting and job cost accounting (requires Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection).
• Reliable and durable design – Supplied with a comprehensive on-site 1-year warranty, optional comprehensive CoverPlus extension up to five years subject to PORT activation.
Availability and price
Epson expects the SureColor V1060 UV desktop printer to ship in Australia and New Zealand in the second half of 2024. It will announce pricing closer to launch.
The company intends to launch an A3 version of the UV desktop printer in late 2024.