Auckland-based Soar Print has proved its label production ability with a win in the Digital Labels – Wines & Spirits Category at the World Label Awards 2019.
The Vine Street fruit wine labels qualified for the global awards after winning gold at the Pride in Print Awards last year. Soar Print has a strong record for winning awards but this is its first global label prize. Fred Soar, managing director at Soar Print, says, “We have built our label-printing prowess for nearly a decade now. These wins confirm that our label printing team members really know what they are doing.”
The company printed the Vine Street fruit wine labels on its HP Indigo WS6800 Digital Label Press, supplied through Currie Group, using Manta OPP silver metallised SYN52gsm and sealed with matt laminate before die cutting.
Soar used a Color Logic metallic ink effect. The company says that, for shelf impact, metallic colours really jump out. The Color Logic system enables digital printers to print onto metallic substrates, producing striking images and colours. For more information on the process, visit www.color-logic.com.
Fred Soar adds, “We are excited for the win and we look forward to continuing to help our clients achieve greater success. Metallic labels are just one of packaging print specialties. Our capabilities include:
- Combining multiple SKUs on a single run
- Consecutive numbering and variable data – including barcodes, text and images
- Affordable short runs for artisan products such as self-standing pouches and sealable bags
- Roll labels – offset or digital
- Shrink sleeve labels
- Special effects, such as Color Logic, Collage and Mosaic Software creating a unique label experience