Fespa has opened entries for its 2020 awards, adding four new categories, including a Printeriors Award to reflect the growth in that sector.
Neil Felton, chief executive at Fespa, says, “Since we launched Printeriors in 2015, demand for printed décor has risen within the speciality print community and was also highlighted as a key trend in both our 2015 and 2018 Print Census reports. Over the last five years we have developed our Printeriors proposition to reflect the demands in the industry. We can see from our exhibitions and events that printed décor plays a big part for a number of manufacturers and PSPs. By introducing the Printeriors Award we want to share the creative examples of printed décor that our global community is producing.”
The Printeriors Award will feature five sub-categories: public spaces such as museums and hospitals; hotels and restaurants; events and pop up experiences; offices and workplaces; and retail.
This year, Christchurch’s EIL, a subsidiary of Permark, took out gold at the awards.
Fespa has introduced three other application-focused categories: Packaging on Paper & Board; Packaging on Plastics; and Wrapping such as wrapping of vehicles and other items such as furniture and accessories
The established categories remain:
- Display and POP on Paper and Board
- Display and POP on Plastic
- Serigraphies and Fine Art
- Decals and Printed Labels
- Creative Special Effects – Paper Board and Plastics
- Special Effects on T-shirts, Garments and Other Textiles
- Printed Garments
- Roll-to-Roll Printed Textiles
- Glass, Ceramic, Metal and Wood Products
- Direct Printing on Three Dimensional Products
- Non-Printed Signage
- Functional Printing – Fascias, Dials, Name plates
Separate from the main award categories, the Young Star Award, which ranges across all the categories, allows entry from 16 to 25 year olds working as a junior employee, trainee or student in a print-related discipline.
This leaves the three award categories, not open for direct entry but voted for by the Fespa community and judges:
- The People’s Choice Award, voted for by Fespa’s online community across all categories. Voting for this award will run from November 8, 2019 to December 9, 2019.
- The Best in Show Award, which the Fespa Awards judges choose from all categories.
- New for this year, the Judges Award for Innovation, selected by the Fespa judges across all categories, goes to the most innovative piece of work.
The Fespa Awards 2019 received 173 entries from 50 countries.
Sign makers and printers looking to enter the 2020 Awards must submit entries by Friday November 1, 2019. Fespa will announce the shortlisted entries on December 9 and will display them at the Fespa Global Print Expo 2020, which takes place from March 24 to 27 March in Spain.
Fespa will announce the winners at the Fespa Gala Night in Madrid on March 25, 2020.
Click here for more information on the FESPA Awards 2020 and how to participate. www.fespaawards.com