Epson wide format printers have received iF Design Award 2021 recognition.
Created in 1953, the German-based iF Design Awards received 10,000 entries from 52 countries for this year’s competition. A 98-member jury, comprised of experts from around the world, judged the entries.
Evaluation criteria included practicability, workmanship, consideration of environmental standards, degree of elaboration and innovation, functionality, usability, safety, aesthetics, and universal design.
The Epson wide format award printers that won awards are the SureColor 906/706 and the SureColor R5000/5000L.
Epson wide format printers
Featured in the March issue of New Zealand Printer Magazine, the SureColor R5000/R5000L are Epson’s first resin-ink printers. Epson says the new Epson SureColor R Series deliver predictable and consistent output with superior colour and image quality.
Epson R5000/5000L features include:
• Enhanced media support
• Superior colour gamut and gradation
• Superior colour and sisal accuracy/consistency
• Long lasting printheads for a reduced running cost
• Higher durability with CoverPlus extendable up to five years
• Easy loading and reduced maintenance
• Print speeds up to 116.5 square metres per hour
• Prints offer an enhanced level of scratch resistance
• GreenGuard Gold, AgBB, REACH and French-VOC certification
• Touch control panel and see through platen cover
• User adjustable multi-stage multi-element heating system
• Adjustable optimiser application for enhanced image quality
• Ultra-sonic media status monitoring and heavy duty crash guards
• Ships with Epson Edge Print RIP and accounting cost control software
Epson says its SureColor P906/P706 printers achieve exceptionally expressive power for photographers and photo enthusiasts. They support roll and sheet-based media up to A2+ and A3+ and feature a compact footprint.
Epson also won iF Design Awards for its Smart laser projection TV – EpiqVision EH-LS300B and its Smart laser projection TV – EpiqVision EH-LS300B.