HP has introduced a range of new DesignJet and PageWide XL Pro devices for large format.
Craig Hardman, large format printing country manager for HP ANZ, says the new printers answer market demands. He says, “Our customers continue to grapple with uncertain business conditions following a challenging past couple of years. Expanding their print application reach, an ability to move fast, and outstanding colour and graphics performance define their large format printing needs. Therefore, we have introduced the new HP DesignJet Z Pro and HP PageWide XL Pro series.
“HP has designed both portfolios to help users navigate uncertain demand. As a result, they can respond to tighter deadlines and unlock untapped potential in their own offerings.”
High colour quality
DesignJet turns 30 this year.
The HP DesignJet Z Pro uses chromatic RGB HP vivid photo inks to achieve 93 per cent pantone coverage. HP says that is 26 per cent more gamut compared to the previous generation. It adds that the new printer offers the image quality of a 12-ink printer with just nine inks.
Additional features include High-Definition Nozzle Architecture printheads and dual drop technology. HP says these reduce visible grain and eliminate the need for light coloured inks. It promises prints with clear details and dazzling-contrasts.
The company also claims the HP DesignJet Z9+ Pro offers the widest colour gamut in its category. You can customise ICC profiles for print jobs and achieve the desired colour accuracy and consistency. Options include the HP Gloss Enhancer Upgrade Kit to produce superior gloss uniformity. Additionally, the HP PrintOS mobile app enables more control of print operations. This includes monitoring performance and reacting to issues as well as sharing media pre-sets remotely.
The new HP DesignJet Z Pro printer series also incorporates the HP PrintOS Service Centre application. This smart cloud-based solution enables users to gain a single, real time view of all ongoing service cases. Also, it offers updates that are accessible anytime and anywhere.
HP PageWide XL Pro
HP has also announced three new HP PageWide XL Pro printers. They print on boards, cardstock, and paper from A2 to B1, and thickness up to 10mm.
The HP PageWide XL Pro 5200 prints at up to 20 A1 pages per minute and 400sqm/hr. The HP PageWide XL Pro 8200 prints at 30 A1 pages per minute and 500sqm/hr. The PageWide XL Pro 8200 prints mixed outputs of CAD drawings and presentation boards.
Both printers can deliver full projects two to three times faster than before. Also, applications have expanded into two-sided, short-term retail posters, which can be managed with HP SmartStream. HP adds that the printers enable you to accept new orders and at the same time, reduce manual work. Other features include a versatile stacker, inline folders and auto switch. In addition, they use up to three-litre Original HP Eco-Carton ink cartridges.
The HP PageWide XL Pro 10000 prints up to 700sqm/hr, or 1,000 B1 posters per hour. Also, it prints on different sizes materials, including paper and boards to cardstock and cutsheets. HP adds that it offers the capability to deliver quick results with instant-dry prints on compatible substrates.
The HP PageWide XL Pro 10000 also features the first HP large-format auto sheet feeder and versatile stacker.
The new printers have several sustainable design features.
- All the new printers have an Energy star 3.0 compliance rating and are EPEAT registered. The new HP DesignJet Z Pro printers use 30 per cent recycled plastic in their manufacture. The process uses over eight 0.5 litre plastic bottles. They are fully compatible with large format FSC-certified papers and a range of recyclable HP media. They also offer a free take-back programme for certain HP media.
- Both new portfolios are fully compatible with HP Eco Carton Cartridges, achieving up to 80 per cent reduction in plastic.
- You can dispose of the outer carton of eco-carton cartridges through local cardboard recycling.
- Inks for the HP PageWide XL Pro 10000 printer are UL Ecologo certified and verified for Nordic Swan Ecolabel printing companies.
- HP PageWide XL and DesignJet prints are recyclable, returnable, or non-hazardous and safe for disposal.